Walden Security Awards College Scholarships to Children of Company Employees
Fourth Annual Family Scholarship Luncheon is a Success
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (August 23, 2012) – For the fourth straight year, Walden Security has awarded college scholarships to all eligible children and dependents of Walden Security employees who applied and met the criteria. Recipients of the Walden Security Employee Family Scholarships were chosen based on their grades, extracurricular activities and financial need. They were honored this month with a special luncheon at the Chattanooga Golf and Country Club that also featured keynote speaker Tennessee State Senator and Speaker Pro-Tempore, Bo Watson.
There were a total of fifteen scholarships awarded this year, up from ten last year, and the 2012 honorees included seven repeat winners:
• LaGrange College freshman Bo Anderson, received an employee Family Scholarship. His father, Keith Anderson, is an Operations Manager for the Walden Security Atlanta office.
• Kaeli Ariail, a freshman at Southern Polytechnic University, received an Employee Family Scholarship. Her mother, Nancy Mack, is an Operations Manager for the Walden Security Atlanta office.
• Freshman Kayla Fitzgerald received an Employee Family Scholarship. She is enrolled at Lee University and is the daughter of Nashville General Manager, Gary Fitzgerald.• Walden Security Officer William Housewright’s two children received Employee Family Scholarships. Daughter Stephanie Housewright is a senior and son David Housewright is a sophomore. Both students attend the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
• Mariama Jallow is a repeat winner of the Walden Security Employee Family Scholarship. She is a sophomore at Emory University. Her father, Salify Jallow, works as an Account Manager for the Walden Security Atlanta office.
• Brittany Lamb of East Ridge, Tenn., is a repeat winner of the Employee Family Scholarship. She’s a senior at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Her mother, Rhonda Layne, is a Corporate Staff Accountant for Walden Security.
• Walden Security Officer Fred Paige’s two grandchildren are repeat winners of the Employee Family Scholarship. Marriah Paige of Lithonia, Ga., is a senior at the University of Georgia, and her brother Jovan Paige is a sophomore at Georgia State University.
• Adam Perry of Old Hickory, Tenn., is a repeat winner of the Walden Security Employee Family Scholarship. He’s a senior at Middle Tennessee State University. His father, Clark Perry, is a Security Supervisor for Walden Security’s Nashville branch.
• Kori Powers of Newnan, Ga., is a repeat winner of the Walden Security Employee Family Scholarship. She’s a senior at Valdosta State University. Her mother, Denise Davis, works as Walden Security’s Corporate Director of Learning and Development.
• Keli Shipley of Chattanooga, Tenn., is a repeat winner of the Walden Security Employee Family Scholarship. She’s a junior at Maryville College. Her father, Tom Shipley, works as Walden Security’s Corporate Director of Quality Assurance.
• Birmingham, Ala., General Manager Mike White’s two children received Employee Family Scholarships. Daughter Jainey White is a graduating senior at University of Alabama at Birmingham and son Mikey White is a freshman at University of Alabama.
• Bonnie Williams of Smyrna, Tenn., is a repeat winner of the Employee Family Scholarship. She’s a senior at Middle Tennessee State University. Her mother, Beth Williams, is a Senior Operations Manager in the Nashville Walden Security office.
“The benefits of our Employee Family Scholarship extend far beyond the individual employee and have the potential to positively impact families of future generations,” says Walden Security President Mike Walden. “We wish our students—particularly our graduating seniors—all the best in accomplishing their goals.”
Walden Security will continue to offer the scholarship each school year.
About Walden Security
Walden Security provides contract security service to more than 350 commercial and government clients, including the world’s most respected real estate firms, Fortune 1000 and other internationally recognized companies, military installations, trusted healthcare and research institutions, exclusive residential communities and mixed-use developments. Walden Security maintains only the highest standards in everything it does, from the service it provides customers to the way it trains and treats employees. Even as Walden Security has expanded, for example, its leaders continue to recognize outstanding employee performance, reward hard work, and take other steps to maintain the unique culture that has distinguished the company since Amy and Michael Walden started it 20 years ago.
Walden Security is one of only five security firms in the nation with a company-wide ISO® 9001:2008 Certified Quality Management System. In addition, Walden Security is nationally certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBENC). Joining more than 200 US corporations with WBENC certification, Walden Security is the largest WBENC-Certified Women Business Enterprise specializing in security services. Walden Security is SAFETY Act certified and ranks among Inc. Magazine’s America’s Fastest Growing Companies. Visit WaldenSecurity.com for more information.